About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! Life is good at my house. Great family and wonderful friends make for great moments.

Monday, January 17, 2011

The Holidays are over

I was so excited to pick Amy and Issac up from the airport!  they were going to stay with us a whole month!!!  All through the holiday season.  Once again laughter from Isaac could be heard in the house.  The crib held a precious grandchild every night and kissy marks were left  on the mirror.  Great chats with Amy, like she had never left.  Then it was time to pick up Brad!  More fun and adventure as the Larson family brought their charm to the household!  Then, another trip to the airport for Stephie!  Now the house was really buzzing with excitement!  Every day was full of laughing, cooking eating, and more eating!!  With Quynn and Chelsea joining us we were finally all together, life was perfect.

On Christmas Eve, My brother and his family and my parents also joined us.  Sweet memories were made as I basked in the love of my family.  Yes, life was perfect.

Soon Christmas was done and with a quick trip to Vegas to visit Rhones family, our time together was drawing to a close.

The morning Amy and Brad and Isaac left, I dressed little Isaac, put his coat on, gave him a kiss goodbye, and watched his cute little legs walk down the hallway with his hand in grandpa's.  Ouch!  I then gave Amy and Brad each a hug goodbye as they drove off in the bitter cold and snow.  Bleh, what a downer.  I really hate goodbyes.

Then a week later it was time to say goodbye to Stephie.  Bleh...

Now they are all home again.  Texas, Boston, and Copperton.  (At least the Copperton folk can come and visit  often! )  I love them all, and feel incomplete without them.  Had to shut the door where Isaac slept, put away all the toys.  I was doing pretty good until...I saw kissy marks on my mirror.  that did me in. I sat on the floor and let the tears come,  I miss that sweet little boy.

The house is again quiet, I hardly cook anymore.  The tv has become my friend again....and tomorrow I go back to work.  Sigh...

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow, you are a good writer! I cried when I read your post. Maybe because I am a Grandma and my house is empty right now. Even Heidi is gone. I guess we have more time now we should get together.

simplymom said...

Thanks Dawn! I would love to get together! It has been so long!

Chelsea said...

This made me cry!! I wish I could give you a grandbaby to at least help take the sorrow from having Issac so far away! Love you lots!

simplymom said...

Ah Chels...You are so sweet. I am so glad that you and Quynn are close and I get to see you guys often. One day I will have many grand babies! And you will be an awesome mom! I am so blessed to have you! Love you mucho lots! <3