About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! Life is good at my house. Great family and wonderful friends make for great moments.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Houston! Doesn't get better than family!

I was so dang excited to go see my kids in Houston!  Especially my little grandson Isaac who is now 17 months. Wondering if he would even remember me, I brought along his favorite candy just in case a bribery was necessary. Brad picked Rhone and I up at the airport and took us to their home.  As Brad entered the back door, I hear Isaac yell, "Da da!".  Then Rhone and I peaked our heads in the doorway.  Isaac looked at us for a second, and his little sweet eyes got big.  Then a HUGE grin came over his entire face and he beamed at us like we were Santa!  I bent down and held out my arms, he came running into them and just hugged me.  Of course I got a lump in my throat while I held my grand baby. Words can not describe the joy and warmth I felt. Then he wanted his "Baba" (grandpa) and I passed him off to Rhone.  What a glorious moment that was, one I will never forget. We enjoyed being with Brad and Amy and Isaac so much, it was hard to leave them to come back home  There is nothing more joyful than family! And, I found out that I will be a grandma again as Amy is due in June!!  Life is good. Oh, and Isaac loved the candy too!

1 comment:

Dr. Larson said...

Yeah I think I saw lumps in most everyone's throat when Isaac reacted so well to seeing yall. :-) Amy makes good babies.