About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! Life is good at my house. Great family and wonderful friends make for great moments.

Monday, September 13, 2010

A special gift from a child

I work at an elementary school. I enjoy the kids and the crazy things they say sometimes. For example...
One day I'm standing at the breakfast computer, and a little boy comes in to eat breakfast .He asks me, "Mrs. Udell, what's your favorite color?" I reply, "Hmm, probably purple. He looks at me, then asks me for my 2nd favorite color. I reply with blue. Looking a little disappointed he proceeds to ask what my 3rd favorite color is. I say yellow. Now with determination he snaps back "4th?" I say red. He stops, and gets this huge grin on his face and starts to open up his backpack. He reaches way down deep while still smiling at me and finally pulls out this half wilted red rose he had obviously picked on his way to school that day. With pride written all over his face, he hands it over to me and says "This is for you!" I smile and take the drooping rose. I feel the warm fuzzys inside and right then and there I decide that this little boy just made my day!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love this story

Chelsea said...

Such a precious story!! It makes me smile and tear up every time!!

Amy said...

ah, cutest story ever!